Legrand sets sights on finding UK’s fastest fitter
As part of the promotion surrounding the launch of its new range of Salamandre trunking, Legrand is set to host a series of roadshows across the UK during February and March aimed at finding the fastest fitter in the land.
The Salamandre Speed Challenge is travelling throughout the UK during February and March, visiting 100 locations from Aberdeen to Bournemouth. And not only will all those taking part be vying for the honour of being named the fastest fitter in the UK, but they’ll have the chance to walk away with a host of great prizes, including a weekend for two at this year’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone in July.
Nigel Leaver, lead marketing manager for Legrand’s cable management division, said: “It’s not often the cable management market delivers something truly innovative, but with its array of time-saving developments that help the installer every step of the way our new range of Salamandre trunking really does fit the bill.”
“As a result, we wanted to get it in the hands of installers throughout the UK as quickly as possible so that they could experience it for themselves, and we felt that the Speed Challenge was the ideal way of getting the maximum number of people interested in attending.”
All information about the roadshows, covering everything from dates and locations through to videos, leading times and regional winners can be seen on the social network sites, You Tube (www.youtube.com/LegrandSalamandre) and Facebook (Legrand Salamandre UK). Information can also be found on a dedicated Salamandre website, www.legrand.co.uk/salamandre.
Prior to its launch, Legrand’s new range of Salamandre trunking underwent independent tests that prove it is 50 per cent quicker to assemble than its predecessor when fitting length to length or length to fitting – a statistic that considerably reduces its total installed cost.
It was designed following a period of consultation with specifiers, installers and engineers that highlighted a desire for a solution that was faster and easier to install, had fewer components, reduced on-site man hours and offered improved health and safety.
As such, the new Salamandre trunking features an array of innovative patent pending developments, which enhance every aspect of the installation process – these include:
- A double folded safety edge on the return of the trunking, which is safer for handling and cables
- An external coupler that is wider and stronger than the current coupler, hides unsightly site cuts and ensures good earth continuity. And because it is supplied pre-fitted, the time savings are immediately apparent
- Slotted ends on all lengths allow the trunking to be slid into place and secured with the minimum of effort
- Multi-head shake proof screws that aid installation flexibility. The screws have a built-in serrated flange that bites into the steel to help earth continuity, are supplied assembled to all couplers and fittings, and are backed off ready to accept the next component meaning no more bags of screws to go missing. The base of the thread has also been redesigned with a dome to protect the cables once installed
- A rapid fit cover for speed of installation.
- Innovative push-fit, spring loaded / ¼ turn turnbuckles for fast, secure fitting and easy maintenance
Legrand has also ensured that the new Salamandre range is fully compatible with the existing system, and its popular marking jig measuring tool.